TRAVEL INDUSTRY CONTACT YOUR MEMBER
TO ANYONE EMPLOYED IN THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY, PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO REACH OUT TO YOUR LOCAL MEMBER AND ANYONE WHO CAN ASSIST YOUR BUSINESS.
Who to send this to?
House of Representatives. If you do not know the federal member for the location of your business, you can find it here.
From here enter the postcode of where your business is located.
Click the Members name and then the “connect” symbol
I would also include your premier’s office and their details can easily be found on “google”.
I did not include Simon Birmingham, Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment but know that my member has sent it on to his office. I wanted to send it to less, so that one of them felt the need to respond. I have heard back from my ministers office.
I would cc AFTA and currently I only have their standard email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject heading: I am suggesting some consistency for the title of these emails and adding your own agency name.
Eg. What is the future of the Australian Travel Industry/Global Travel Solutions?
How to address the letter – I used “Dear MS Hammond…” but I am really not sure of the protocols of addressing a minister or a premier and likely there is a more official way to do this.
I encourage you to talk about what your hurdles (mountains) are but also include what you think you need…you know the old saying “all you’re giving me is problems, I need solutions”. Again, I am not sure I gave them enough of these but it is a conversation starter and perhaps some of you can give me ideas to add.
Topics I would cover in no particular order:
- Introduction, and a brief blurb about who you are
- The impact of Coronavirus on your business to date and moving forward
- What if any rent relief you have or haven’t received
- The benefits you have been able to take advantage of on a federal level and a state level. These can all be found on websites online. Your appreciation of what you have been given.
- The impact of the media on your business and perhaps your mental health
- Your mental health in general deserves a mention
- Exposure of credit card charge backs
- What we give to the Australian economy…why we are worth saving (Staff we employ, our commissions stay in Oz in stead of going offshore etc)
- What you would hope for as a realistic outcome
- Don’t forget to include your mobile number with your standard signature if it’s not already included
My thanks and best wishes to you in the future,